Forum

Forum Home > All things Forza > FM5 VINTAGE TRANS AM RACING LEAGUE SERIES

ColdBlueSteel49

For those of you interested in running Vintage T/A Races on FM5, Sim Racing Nation will be starting a Vintage Trans Am Racing series for FM5 very soon. For those of you that have run in this in the past you know how much fun it is and for those of you looking for Clean Sim Style Circuit Racing then this is the chance for you to get in. This is a Great group of guys with an atmosphere similar to FODRL. It’s all about Clean Hard racing on a level playing field and good times. The Races are normally run on a weeknight so they shouldn't interfere with any FODRL events. There will be qualifying and a points system once the series kicks off.

Here is the link to the website. Be sure to sign up over there so we get you in the lobby. Make sure and tell them ColdBlueSteel49 sent you there from The Drag League.

http://simracingnation.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/1722-fm5-historic-transam-exhibitions/

My friend ShleppRok will be hosting a Practice lobby on Wed. March 26th at 9pm Est. to run some T/A tunes around some circuits, and possibly running an actual T/A Exhibition on Wed. April 2nd at 9pm Est. Like 15 laps at Road America, or 25 at Indy.

Here is the rule list for the new folks and for a refresher for some of the ones who have competed in the past. All cars must have a vintage style racing Liverey. They don't have to be authentic, Just have to look like they came from the era we are racing.

Car List:

1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe

1966 Nova SS

1969 Camaro SS Coupe

1969 Firebird Trans Am

1970 Camaro Z/28

1970 Challenger R/T

1970 Cougar Eliminator

1970 Mustang Boss 302

1971 Mustang Mach 1

1971 Cuda 426 Hemi

1971 Javelin-AMX

1973 Firebird Trans Am SD-455

Required Upgrades:

Race Roll cage

Race slicks

Race Transmission

Front & Rear Forza aero

Max 500 Horsepower

No motor/drivetrain/aspiration swaps

Max PI B-580

15" max wheel size

Race Settings:

Braking assist: off

TCS: off

STM: off

ABS: off

Damage: Limited

If anyone needs any more info or help on tuning please feel free to hit me up. Hope to see you guys there this wed. March 26!

ColdBlueSteel49

--

Fresh out of gears and my shift light's on.

March 23, 2014 at 10:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B66ST

sounds interesting and at a decent time for me.

--
ezgif-save (1)
March 23, 2014 at 10:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ColdBlueSteel49

Terminator and myself used to run every series they did during the week on FM4. We would have as many as 25 people show up to qualify for a the top 15 spots in the A lobby. The 16th spot was reserved for ResidenElvis who would broadcast the race live. The people who didn't make the A lobby still ran a race in the B lobby so everyone got points. It will be nice to finally get one going on FM5. Especially with the ability to broadcast on Twitch now. Look forward to having you B66ST.

--

March 23, 2014 at 10:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

xSERIOUSJONESx
I'll give it a shot,
March 23, 2014 at 11:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B66ST

I will sign up for the site tomorrow while im at work. im off to bed for now.

--
ezgif-save (1)
March 23, 2014 at 11:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ColdBlueSteel49

Looking forward to having both of you guys.

--

March 24, 2014 at 3:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

xSERIOUSJONESx
What's time should I be aiming for? And what track are we racing
March 24, 2014 at 12:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ColdBlueSteel49

It will be a practice lobby so we will most likely run 5 or 6 laps at a couple of tracks, You can count on Road America being one of them. I'm not sure what times are going to be like as the FM5 physics engine is different from FM4. I can tell you that on Laguna Seca where I tested the cars they were around the 1:37.300 - 1:38.300 time range per lap with base tunes. But it's been about 3 months since I tested them. Wed. Night will just be a practice lobby so it's a good time to experiment and see what cars feel best. I can tell you that they are all very close. Hit me up later tonight and we can run some laps.

--

March 24, 2014 at 12:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

xSERIOUSJONESx

ColdBlueSteel49 at March 24, 2014 at 12:54 PM

It will be a practice lobby so we will most likely run 5 or 6 laps at a couple of tracks, You can count on Road America being one of them. I'm not sure what times are going to be like as the FM5 physics engine is different from FM4. I can tell you that on Laguna Seca where I tested the cars they were around the 1:37.300 - 1:38.300 time range per lap with base tunes. But it's been about 3 months since I tested them. Wed. Night will just be a practice lobby so it's a good time to experiment and see what cars feel best. I can tell you that they are all very close. Hit me up later tonight and we can run some laps.

Will do I'll get with you after I get off work
March 24, 2014 at 12:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ColdBlueSteel49

Sounds Good Man.

--

March 24, 2014 at 1:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B66ST

is there a sign up thread?

--
ezgif-save (1)
March 24, 2014 at 2:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Terminator TJM

The vintage trans am series was definately a blast. There are some good circuit racers over there for sure. I'm not sure if they will show up anymore but ResidentElvis had the videos saved on his twitch account. They should also be on youtube as well. To get a rough idea of what the races looked like. I'm not sure about FM5 but even with limited damage in FM4 it makes a huge deal to not crash/ bump and bang other cars. So you have to mind your P's and Q's.

March 24, 2014 at 4:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B66ST

i like series like that. makes it more realistic

--
ezgif-save (1)
March 24, 2014 at 5:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ColdBlueSteel49

B66ST at March 24, 2014 at 2:02 PM

is there a sign up thread?

The website link is up above. It will take you straight to the forum discussion and just post that you are in on the discussion forum. You'll have to sign up on the simracingnation.invisionzone.com site so that you can post. It will be under the Track Days section listed as FM5 T/A Exhibition.

--

March 24, 2014 at 5:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B66ST

ok, im all signed up. just havent posted yet

--
ezgif-save (1)
March 24, 2014 at 5:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ColdBlueSteel49

Terminator TJM at March 24, 2014 at 4:32 PM

The vintage trans am series was definately a blast. There are some good circuit racers over there for sure. I'm not sure if they will show up anymore but ResidentElvis had the videos saved on his twitch account. They should also be on youtube as well. To get a rough idea of what the races looked like. I'm not sure about FM5 but even with limited damage in FM4 it makes a huge deal to not crash/ bump and bang other cars. So you have to mind your P's and Q's.

It's a big plus now that Aero gets fixed in the Pits. But the time it takes to have a pitstop in a 30-40 lap race will most likely take you out of contention in the race. It definitely is all about keeping your car clean and picking your spots to race or pass, when to push and when to let up etc...

--

March 24, 2014 at 5:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

xSERIOUSJONESx
Which road america track?
March 24, 2014 at 7:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B66ST

my guess would be road america full.

--
ezgif-save (1)
March 25, 2014 at 8:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ColdBlueSteel49

Yes Road America Full.

--

March 25, 2014 at 8:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ColdBlueSteel49

Alright Guys, Practice is tonight at 9:00pm est/ 8:00pm cst. If you have trouble getting in a lobby look me up, I'll be on about 20-30 minutes ahead of time. Later

--

March 26, 2014 at 5:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.