Forum

Forum Home > All things Forza > FM5 Discussion

[email protected]
Site Owner

Sportsman5990Member

I think I may be joining street outlaws soon. It just kills me to spend $500 for one game and not a lot of my friends i know have it, so i am weighing everything out and if I do get an xbox one, i will be ready to call out the gatekeepers for both classes in a week. Does anyone have $500 to "borrow" forever lol jk

Kru JonesModerator

lmao!!! i felt the same way about the One..but im glad i got it. Its nite and day to FM4!! And ill let you borrow about $400 pesos...

--

Sportsman5990Member

I WILL TAKE IT! haha

--

B66STMember

thats like what? 4 cents? lol

TXschmidtModerator

You'll only $499.96 away now.

--

Sportsman5990Member

actually $498.96.. Best buy did a price drop.. I get forza 5, and the console for $449 but still its alot

Sportsman5990Member

--

~Full Throttle Pulling Team~

April 1, 2014 at 6:14 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Kru JonesModerator

--

April 1, 2014 at 6:17 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Sportsman5990Member

Posts: 105 Just uhh use paypal and send that over lol jk but idk, $400 is steep, real steep...

--

April 1, 2014 at 6:24 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Kru JonesModerator

Posts: 118 i hear ya there!!! i got mine from a guy a work who bought 2 PS4s and 2 Xbox ones. He sold the PS4s on Ebay, but Ebay charged him 10% of the sale and pay pal charged him 2% for the transaction. He put the Boxes on Craiglist and they didnt sell so he sold me the Box on payments. I paid half and half.

--

April 1, 2014 at 6:32 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Sportsman5990Member

--

April 1, 2014 at 6:40 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

TXschmidtModerator

Posts: 90 LMFAO!!!!! Kru has Spoony Love as his profile pic! Awesome!....

--

April 1, 2014 at 7:15 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Kru JonesModerator

So you got it for like $250?

no half up front and paid him the other half..His kid works at Meijer and i got his discount so it came to like $465

--

April 1, 2014 at 7:35 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Kru JonesModerator

LMFAO!!!!! Kru has Spoony Love as his profile pic! Awesome!....

You made me think of it after you saw my Teggy!!

--

B66STMember

Posts: 157 damn, i walked out of gamestop $600 something broker, lol. $500 something for the box, $50 something for FM5, $30 something for a play and charge kit plus taxes.

--

"Black top rollin'!"

April 1, 2014 at 7:39 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Kru JonesModerator

Posts: 118 oh i had to buy the game and the charger too!!! so im still into it for a grip!!

--

April 1, 2014 at 7:47 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Sportsman5990Member

Posts: 105 yea and for some reason when i buy it from best buy im not being taxed.. Best buy only has a 2 year warranty program for $89.99.. but if im correct microsoft has a 1 year warranty on the system as well.. should i get the 2 year program?

--

April 1, 2014 at 8:08 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Kru JonesModerator

Posts: 118 Im in full belief that if i know about a warranty and i dont buy it...bad shit happens to my stuff

--

April 1, 2014 at 8:26 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Sportsman5990Member

Posts: 105 Well i actually saw that credit card companies double the warranty from the manufacturer warranty. So instead of 12 months its 48

--

April 1, 2014 at 8:32 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Sportsman5990Member

Posts: 105 Question for everyone!! Did you buy an extended warranty for your xbox one!?

--

April 1, 2014 at 1:11 PM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

reaper mechMember

--

Reaper Motors : owner and lead tuner .....

April 1, 2014 at 1:22 PM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

A Bearded YetiModerator

Posts: 124 I didn't buy an extended, but I'm also on my second console. I pre ordered right through Microsoft.

April 1, 2014 at 1:24 PM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Sportsman5990Member

Posts: 105 Alrighty i think i will because anything can happen. Something Will definitely happen within 3 years.. No system is perfect

--

April 1, 2014 at 1:27 PM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Sportsman5990Member

Posts: 105 And i have a bad track record with xboxs.. Ive had a 360 for a little more than a year and im on my eighth damn one

--

April 1, 2014 at 1:29 PM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

JET PerformanceModerator

Posts: 79 I don't ever buy extended warranty (rip off IMHO) as we have strong consumer laws over here. So if it fails in unreasonable time out side manufacture warranty I go down the stautaory warranty path & have never had an issue. If it fails outside of warranty and it's a known issue that has always been an easy manufacturer replacement.

--

April 1, 2014 at 1:41 PM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Sportsman5990Member

--

--

April 2, 2014 at 10:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Site Owner

Sportsman5990Member

Posts: 105 For the 360 i went through 8 in a year and probably spent $120 in warranty

--

April 2, 2014 at 1:14 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Sportsman5990Member

Posts: 105 Whats the money situation in forza 5? Is it hard to make money or somewhat easy?

--

April 2, 2014 at 2:37 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

B66STMember

Posts: 157 everyone says its easy, ive yet to find it easy. i guess i need to grind out in the rivals to get money.

--

"Black top rollin'!"

April 2, 2014 at 3:00 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

TXschmidtModerator

Posts: 90 I stay between 1 mil to 400k but, that's because I buy everything. lol Like instead of one car with six tunes, I have six cars and every month for being tier six on Forza rewards I get at least 1 mil every month. Since there are no unicorn cars all they give out is $$$. I miss unicorn cars!.....

--

April 2, 2014 at 3:52 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Sportsman5990Member

Posts: 105 Really? Well that kinda is a boring consecutive option for turn 10 to make.. You could have tons of money and not feel you have anything special just tons of money you dont know what to do with. At least with unicorns you can show off what you got.. Yes if turn 10 gave me 1 mil a month in real life its completely different lol

--

April 2, 2014 at 4:15 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

A Bearded YetiModerator

Posts: 124 I do the time attack and make a ton of money. I have grinding out my B class javelin and it's been fun. I haven't even finished the career part of forza yet.

April 2, 2014 at 4:18 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

TXschmidtModerator

Really? Well that kinda is a boring consecutive option for turn 10 to make.. You could have tons of money and not feel you have anything special just tons of money you dont know what to do with. At least with unicorns you can show off what you got.. Yes if turn 10 gave me 1 mil a month in real life its completely different lol

LOL Right!..

--

Kru JonesModerator

Posts: 118 imake money by just running rivals and the rewards. i keep about 5 mil in my pocket. PLus chasing Yeti, TX and Reaper around helps a bit!!

--

April 2, 2014 at 7:01 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Sportsman5990Member

Posts: 105 Alright, I will get an xbox one IF I dont get the extended warranty but theres a catch. How well will the xbox one perform/last/? I dont want to take that much of a risk on that much cost of a console. Has anyone heard how well/long the x1 lasts?

--

April 2, 2014 at 7:14 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

TXschmidtModerator

Posts: 90 When I got mine on the first day it came out the guy at my Game Stop said about 1 out of every 100 was bad. I've had no issues with mine yet. KNOCK ON WOOD!.... lol

--

April 2, 2014 at 7:17 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Sportsman5990Member

Posts: 105 Well that was on the first day so he couldnt really know any details or data about how they perform in the long run

--

April 2, 2014 at 7:22 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

TXschmidtModerator

Posts: 90 I guess no one would really know that then since it hasn't even been out for a year.

--

April 2, 2014 at 7:32 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Sportsman5990Member

Posts: 105 Yea so Idk what to do. Money isnt a toy with me and it would cost me about $600 with warranty.. Damn microsoft

--

April 2, 2014 at 7:36 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

DevientMDModerator

Posts: 18 Isn't it an odd feeling to spend 90 bucks for a warranty you hope is a waste of money? My luck would not work out that way. I have found some used ones on craigslist for as low as 350, as tempting as that is, I think im going new with extended warranty. I have bought too many Xbox consoles to do it any other way, im not screwing myself this time!

April 2, 2014 at 8:03 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Sportsman5990Member

Posts: 105 Exactly why im bringing this up, i want facts because i dont trust the reliablility of the console what so ever

--

April 2, 2014 at 8:07 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

DevientMDModerator

Posts: 18 Yeah I agree, between the original xbox, and the 360, it seems like I've had 50 of them lol, hell I went through 3 just last season and I don't even play for long periods of time. Maybe they are like new direct injection motors with carbon build up issues, they hate short trips!

April 2, 2014 at 8:27 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Sportsman5990Member

Posts: 105 Yea, New Kubotas Have a five stage filter. You have to let it warm up or it will burn the filter. And it costs $2500 to replace! p.s. my father is a kubota dealership owner

--

April 2, 2014 at 8:32 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

DevientMDModerator

April 2, 2014 at 8:38 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Sportsman5990Member

Posts: 105 A tractor company.. wow thanks for that "Im glad im known" feeling lol

--

April 2, 2014 at 9:35 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

reaper mechMember

Posts: 193 easy way to make $$ in fm5 go to any of the d/c/b time attacks set me as a rival and run 4 or 5 laps

--

A Bearded YetiModerator

Posts: 124 I have a day one edition I got on release day. I pre ordered right from Microsoft. It lasted about a week and then it just wouldn't turn on. After talking to Microsoft it sounded like a very common problem. They were quick and shipped me another console the next day and they even overnighted it. I haven't had a problem with this one.

April 2, 2014 at 9:52 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

A Bearded YetiModerator

easy way to make $$ in fm5 go to any of the d/c/b time attacks set me as a rival and run 4 or 5 laps

Bad idea! This will make you go crazy and want to punch Reaper in the nut sack! At least that's how I feel when I'm running his times

April 2, 2014 at 9:54 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

reaper mechMember

--

April 2, 2014 at 9:59 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

A Bearded YetiModerator

April 2, 2014 at 10:02 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

DevientMDModerator

Posts: 18 Lmao sportsman! And yeah reaper is a beast on the circuit, I look forward to being your rear view lol

April 2, 2014 at 10:17 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

reaper mechMember

Posts: 193 well if you hurry up and get on here me and cbs can hook you guys up with some info to help ease the learning pains of fm5.. this really should be posted in the general discussion lol

--

April 2, 2014 at 10:21 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

TXschmidtModerator

reaper mech at April 2, 2014 at 9:50 AM

easy way to make $$ in fm5 go to any of the d/c/b time attacks set me as a rival and run 4 or 5 laps

Bad idea! This will make you go crazy and want to punch Reaper in the nut sack! At least that's how I feel when I'm running his times

+1 to that ^^.. And that's not the only reason you'll want to punch him there! lol

--

April 3, 2014 at 1:41 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Kru JonesModerator

But seriously..we should get some FM5 D/C/B time attacks going

--

April 3, 2014 at 1:46 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

TXschmidtModerator

Posts: 90 Hell yeah! I'm down and I'll help run it. FODRL Showdown in conjunction with StayFly production. lol

B66STMember

--

"Black top rollin'!"

April 3, 2014 at 2:04 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Kru JonesModerator

Hell yeah! I'm down and I'll help run it. FODRL Showdown in conjunction with StayFly production. lol

Well lets get some ideas going!!!

--

April 3, 2014 at 3:16 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

ColdBlueSteel49Moderator

Posts: 93 Why don't you run it like Pac's old Time attack from FM4. Pick a car, Pick a class, and track. Best circuit and drag time for that car in that class. save replays etc.

--

Fresh out of gears and my shift light's on.

April 3, 2014 at 3:22 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Kru JonesModerator

Posts: 118 well i wouldnt want us all to run the same car but ill let Tx decide on this one. I like to see what people use, and to see what s fast out there!!

--

April 3, 2014 at 3:36 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

ColdBlueSteel49Moderator

Posts: 93 Cool, I'm down for different cars. We could do a class time attack during the week and then have a race with the cars at the end of the week for fun. 15 or 20 laps with a mandatory pit? Just ideas for the hamster wheel.

--

April 3, 2014 at 3:42 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

TXschmidtModerator

Posts: 90 Lets try and get this sorted out in a party, that way we can get on the same page and only have to post the rules once. lol

I think it would be great to have how ever has ideas on this to join party with us. That way we can asign jobs to the people that want to help. ie, photos, video, write ups or whatever we need.

ColdBlueSteel49Moderator

Posts: 93 I'm the Grenade Inspector!! That's my job, Requires the special tool, a wooden spoon.

--

April 3, 2014 at 3:45 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Kru JonesModerator

Lets try and get this sorted out in a party, that way we can get on the same page and only have to post the rules once. lol

I think it would be great to have how ever has ideas on this to join party with us. That way we can asign jobs to the people that want to help. ie, photos, video, write ups or whatever we need.

sounds good to me!!

--

April 3, 2014 at 4:19 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

TXschmidtModerator

--

April 3, 2014 at 4:52 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Kru JonesModerator

Posts: 118 Thanks!! Here's my favorite quote from that dude:

Spoonie Luv: From your ankles to your instep, I really love your feet. So slim, so strong, so shapely, so graceful, and petite. So wrap your toes around my johnson, it's time to beat my meat.

CLASSIC!!! lmao

--

--

April 2, 2014 at 10:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Site Owner

Sportsman5990Member

Posts: 105 Well i aint getting the xbox one anytime soon. my f***ing 360 broke. The god damn update wont download and support says it a hardware problem.. BRAND NEW CONSOLE! I cant even express the anger right now.. My ninth god damn xbox, i wasted so much damn money with microsofts shit

--

April 3, 2014 at 7:58 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Terminator TJMModerator

Posts: 9 Not to be a dick, but apparently wherever you live. They get the shittiest xbox's ever made shipped there. I know they have their problems, hell I'm on my 2nd one but I've also been using them for like 5 years. Just sounds like bad luck is out of the question, sabotage or something shady is happening.

April 3, 2014 at 8:18 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

FODRL ManagerSite Owner

Well i aint getting the xbox one anytime soon. my f***ing 360 broke. The god damn update wont download and support says it a hardware problem.. BRAND NEW CONSOLE! I cant even express the anger right now.. My ninth god damn xbox, i wasted so much damn money with microsofts shit

damn that sucks buddy. 9 xboxes is insane. ive been through 4 in as many years.

--

Kru JonesModerator

Posts: 118 9 boxes? Holy Microsoft Batman!!!! I still have my first original white xbox (with no red ringd of death ever!!), now i have purchased 4 FM4s tho......

--

April 3, 2014 at 8:24 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

TXschmidtModerator

Posts: 90 That sux my man! Counting the three Xbox 360's at my house now I've bought 9 also. Six had the "ring of death" one that I use now, one that my son uses and one for back up! I even have an Xbox One in my closet for back up if the one I'm using goes tits up on me.

--

FODRL ManagerSite Owner

That sux my man! Counting the three Xbox 360's at my house now I've bought 9 also. Six had the "ring of death" one that I use now, one that my son uses and one for back up! I even have an Xbox One in my closet for back up if the one I'm using goes tits up on me.

dont say that TX Sportsman will break into your house and steal the spare one

--

April 3, 2014 at 8:51 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Sportsman5990Member

Posts: 105 Tx if you will be ever so kind to provide your zip code, address, and phone number we can get this "deal" done quick and easy. And no one gets hurt lol. But im lucky to have it under warranty still. But i think im just gonna say hell with it and get and xbox one. Probably gonna order it tonight.. The only bad thing is that im gonna miss brackattack championship :,(

--

April 3, 2014 at 9:10 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

DevientMDModerator

Posts: 18 I had the same problem once, try this link it worked for me. http://support.xbox.com:80/en-US/xbox-360/system/software-update-errors

April 3, 2014 at 9:10 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Sportsman5990Member

Posts: 105 Thanks devient but i already went through the "fix it" process with microsft and they said it may be a hardware error. My brothers xbox is like 5 years old and it is the older version.. I bought mine 7 months ago!! What the hell lol

--

April 3, 2014 at 9:15 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

TXschmidtModerator

Tx if you will be ever so kind to provide your zip code, address, and phone number we can get this "deal" done quick and easy. And no one gets hurt lol. But im lucky to have it under warranty still. But i think im just gonna say hell with it and get and xbox one. Probably gonna order it tonight.. The only bad thing is that im gonna miss brackattack championship :,(

Just be sure and knock real loud because Lenny really enjoys that!

--

April 3, 2014 at 9:24 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Sportsman5990Member

--

April 3, 2014 at 9:32 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

reaper mechMember

Posts: 193 umm so am i allowed in the time attacks??? or is that a no??? also get this crap out of the street outlaws section already you lazy mods lol

--

April 3, 2014 at 10:04 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

ColdBlueSteel49Moderator

Sportsman5990 at April 3, 2014 at 9:10 AM

Tx if you will be ever so kind to provide your zip code, address, and phone number we can get this "deal" done quick and easy. And no one gets hurt lol. But im lucky to have it under warranty still. But i think im just gonna say hell with it and get and xbox one. Probably gonna order it tonight.. The only bad thing is that im gonna miss brackattack championship :,(

Just be sure and knock real loud because Lenny really enjoys that!

In the immortal words of Crocodile Dundee: That's not a Dog Mate............................Now that's a Dog.:D

--

April 3, 2014 at 10:20 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Sportsman5990Member

Posts: 105 Just ordered my xbox one.. I finally just said hell with it lol

--

April 3, 2014 at 11:42 AM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

FODRL ManagerSite Owner

Just ordered my xbox one.. I finally just said hell with it lol

good man.

--

April 3, 2014 at 12:12 PM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Sportsman5990Member

Posts: 105 It definitely kept me saying, "yes i should get it" then "no i shouldnt".. Ive been going crazy for the past 4-5 days.. I figured "hey i cant play 360 for a bit so, hey i work hard, imma treat myself"

--

April 3, 2014 at 12:27 PM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

FODRL ManagerSite Owner

It definitely kept me saying, "yes i should get it" then "no i shouldnt".. Ive been going crazy for the past 4-5 days.. I figured "hey i cant play 360 for a bit so, hey i work hard, imma treat myself"

lol i did the same thing

--

April 3, 2014 at 12:33 PM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Sportsman5990Member

Posts: 105 And the other reason i got it was because i got the system and forza 5 for $449.. But warranty for 3 years was $57 and tax was $35 so it put me at $544

--

April 3, 2014 at 12:46 PM Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

FODRL ManagerSite Owner

--

--

April 2, 2014 at 10:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.