Forum

Forum Home > FODRL General Discussion > BrackATTACK Championship recap

Mojo Crowzombie
Administrator

FODRL Season 11

BrackATTACK

CHAMPIONSHIP

-

Well it was finally here, the shootout for the BrackAttack Championship.  2 lobbies of the seasons top 16 racers locked horns at the strip in Infineon.  For the first time this season the racers would each run a bracket which they selected.  Coming into the the event the heavy favorites would have to be KillerWooz, HotLZ, Pac, and Mojo, as they finished the regular season in a tie for 1st place and had a 25 pt lead on the rest of the field.  This was not a reflection of out right dominance during the season, but more of consistency, as 8 different racers claimed the weekly championships.  Going into the championship final the points would be zeroed out with the season leaders starting the night off with bonus points, giving them a slight edge on the field, but there would be enough points up for grabs for a bottom seed to upset the field and claim the championship.

-

During the prelims the power struggle that had existed for several weeks atop the leader board would be broken as HotLZ, and Pac would fall out early.  This would leave Mojo and WooZ still in the hunt.  One of the plays of the night came when Cipher adjusted his dial-in before the race, normally this is a bad idea, but in this case the results sent Cipher deep into the semi finals of the lobby taking out a strong Hobbes in the process.  Sportsman would race with real determination taking out WoodyPuma and losing only a single heat during the prelims advancing himself into the finals.  This would bring us to Jet, coming into the race tied with Hobbes and SilentKiller just behind the leaders.  No longer could you attribute luck where true strength in performance was now apparent.  Jet would dispatch Heartless Horror in a 5 heat sweep. Next, his nerve would be tested as his 05 Mustang would line up against Mojo's 2000 Mustang.  Jet would soon find himself down 2 heats, but as is the mark of any worthy racer he kept running his car till the end.  Claiming the final 3 heats and putting down Mojo, Jet would move on to face Voodoo powerhouse, KillerWooZ.  Wooz would be coming off of a battle whcih resulted in extra heats with Hektic, and a rough scrap with Cipher.  The pressure of the situation and the strength of opponent would not seem to phase Jet as he would take 4 of the 5 heats and move on to the championship race.

-

The final would bring Jet against Sportsman for 1st, with WooZ claiming the 3rd place spot.  But the points gained by Jet had him setting in a strong position as he entered the race with 20 pts to Sportsmans 14 pts.  The heat wins would be double in the final, but Sportsman would need 4 wins just to force a tie-breaker with Jet.  The racers would exchange wins in the first 2 heats but Sportsman would claim the 3rd.  A tie would take the 4th, but at this point Jet had secured the points he needed. Sportsman would win the race, his second of the series, but Jet would claim the crown of Season 11 Champion.  Congratulations Jet on the win.

--

April 6, 2014 at 10:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sportsman5990
Administrator
Oh sweet i won the race haha but just shy of the championship.. Congrats Jet!
--

**Chevy Novas! Dragging Mustangs Since 1964**

April 6, 2014 at 12:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DevientMD
No $h!t Jet pulled it off! Nice run man glad to see you got one!
April 6, 2014 at 12:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

HobbesLaw
Solid run Jet! Congratulations on the win!
April 6, 2014 at 12:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mojo Crowzombie
Administrator

Good racing everyone.  I know it was slow going with all the different dial in times but we still had some close runs.  Jet was on a mission.  Good job Bud.

--

April 6, 2014 at 1:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cipher1962

Congrats Jet strong run

--

Have a good-n

April 6, 2014 at 3:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Site Owner
Congrats on the win Jet. Well deserved buddy. You ran a great season. Thankyou mojo for all of your help this season. I haven't been around as much as previous seasons so it's been a great help in all you have done. I really appreciate it mate. Can't wait for next season. Should we take a break for 2 weeks then kick it off again?
--

April 6, 2014 at 5:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mojo Crowzombie
Administrator

That would be 26 April, I think that should be good.  If we started next week we would have a week off for the 19th Easter weekend. If we start the last of April it would take us into the first couple of weeks in June.

--

April 6, 2014 at 5:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Site Owner

cool April 26th it is if that is ok with everyone else.

--

April 6, 2014 at 6:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JET Performance

Thanks guys  8)  I would like to shout out a thankyou to Silent for twisting the wrenches on my 05 Mustang much apperciated mate & for Mojo providing awesome paint at short notice thanks mate. Congrats also to Sportsman as cleary he had his Nova on point.

After having tuned my 1988 Lamborghini Countach LP5000 for the race it was on point I may add & being informed it was outside the allowed cars. I will add I can understand that if it was for the European or North American market model as there mid engine. But the offical import for the 88 Countach for the Aussie market was front engine to comply with our ADR's! (well that's my story and im sticking to it)   ;) :P So long story short I had to make a quick car change with about an hour before go time. It was either my trusty XB or a car that I have never run before in an FHRA event an 05 Mustang tuned by Silent. I decided to try something differant than I had done all season and that was to run a  differant car tuned by someone other than myself so I turned to a tuner in the Tar Heel State and the rest is history.  8)

I'm old enough to remember  Michael Air Jordan playing his college ball for the North Carolina Tarheels.

--

photo 06b285f8-b699-4a75-b92f-838e61e86e56_zps730b6ee0.png

April 6, 2014 at 7:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

s1lentk1ller318

cheers to you jet i may have had the wrenches turning on the 05 mustang but it takes true talant to handle  mean VOODOO  machinery.  now your the one that needs to defend your throne for next season which seems to be right around the next bend stay focused with all this new talent showing up and old faces coming out of the wood work  they smell blood. 

April 6, 2014 at 9:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JET Performance

Don't worry they bread em tough over here buddy not helments or padding required in the AFL aka Aussie Rules Football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1aU0hz5Tf8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDcpxwBrWNY

--

photo 06b285f8-b699-4a75-b92f-838e61e86e56_zps730b6ee0.png

April 6, 2014 at 9:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.