Forum

Forum Home > FODRL Archives > New class

BIG CHIEF 1116
I was thinking about starting a new class just for fun and I would keep up with the details just wanna see if there is any interest. Was thinking about doing an unlimited FWD class or maybe even a FWD true street class but I'm not sure comparatively how close the cars the fit these specs are after tuning. Just want an idea of how much interest there would be. Also looking for any ideas for any other new classes you all would find interesting?
--
Better bite the pillow because I'm going in dry
April 7, 2014 at 12:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kru Jones
Administrator

i like that idea!! Badassified was saying something about getting some FWD drags going. They run it in real life so why the heck not!!! If you want to run it find out these things:

Weight Restriction

HP Restriction

PI Cap

Cars Allowed/Disallowed

I was even toying with the idea of a Heavy Street Class

850 hp max

3500 lb minimum

--

April 7, 2014 at 12:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BIG CHIEF 1116
Well I know I would personally run both. I was even thinking of an American muscle class similar to true street but limit it to like the 79 camaro and older and different weight restrictions
--
April 7, 2014 at 12:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

A Bearded Yeti
I think it would be cool to run some different classes also. Are we talking on the street or the strip?
--

April 7, 2014 at 1:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BIG CHIEF 1116
Street but we can run in the strip too
--
April 7, 2014 at 1:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

xSERIOUSJONESx
We had about 10 in a private lobby a few nights ago. I know some of those guys would be game. Also the heavy street class would be nice class as well. How we were running was all motor b and k series and turbo b and k 10.5 and 11.5 index and then unlimited class which consisted of the 3.7 v6 swap all motor/turbo
April 7, 2014 at 2:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B66ST

im down for some fwd cars. i got an integra ive been waiting to turn loose, lol

--
ezgif-save (1)
April 7, 2014 at 3:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BIG CHIEF 1116
Well I'm gonna need help getting the details together I wanna run the FWD and heavy street classes. Only problem is I'm not the best tuner so I'm gonna need help with rule setting and the legalities.
--
April 7, 2014 at 3:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B66ST

heavy weights would be awesome too, then i can run my charger,

--
ezgif-save (1)
April 7, 2014 at 4:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BIG CHIEF 1116
I'm liking the heavyweights idea myself
--
April 7, 2014 at 4:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Site Owner
So are you thinking of these classes for street outlaws or just for fun? I like the idea. The more classes we can get the better
--

April 7, 2014 at 5:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BIG CHIEF 1116
I would actually like to incorporate them with the street outlaws
--
April 7, 2014 at 5:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Site Owner
We may want to look at running these on another night or we can do 1 call out a night and we may get through 3 or 4 classes in an hour if the qualifiers are run before the start time of 11
--

April 7, 2014 at 5:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BIG CHIEF 1116
I understand, I was actually think Friday nights or Sunday evenings to run it. Now whether it not it is gonna happen is gonna depend on me getting help as far as eligible cars, rule sets, and technicalities. I will keep up with the list and all that if I have to just need the help to get everything started. So let's try kru's idea of a heavy street class. And let's come up with a rule set for the FWD cars
--
April 7, 2014 at 6:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kru Jones
Administrator

These were in my first ideas on the classes. The Heavy weight class would allow the Dodges, Chevelle, Pontiacs and 442 to be competitive. Plus who doesnt like to see a big ass barge hauling the mail at the strip? LOL!!

The FWD class is an idea but i fear i will turn into a Honda shoot out. No probelm with that unless someone else has a problem with it!

--

April 8, 2014 at 5:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Site Owner

I say next season of Street Outlaws we add the Heavy weight class and drop the unlimited then the season after that look at adding FWD. Its up to you Kru but thats my 2 cents. :)

--

April 8, 2014 at 6:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

reaper mech

i second pacs idea about unlimited for now (or until we can test all the cars available) and pick up heavy weight cars and seeing which ones that are running now can also fit 

--

April 8, 2014 at 6:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

A Bearded Yeti

Not a bad idea. Let's get the details for heavy weight so I can build something. :) 

--

April 8, 2014 at 6:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kru Jones
Administrator

Sounds good to me!!! The Heavy weghts should probably be increased to 1000hp. What do you think? Or is 850 hp enough?

--

April 8, 2014 at 6:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

A Bearded Yeti

I think we should not allow the 5.9. So, maybe limit just below that? It would be cool to see some different set ups. Just a thought though. 

--

April 8, 2014 at 6:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.