Forum

Forum Home > All things Forza > Car Show/ Casual Drag Racing/ Drifting

xThyMa3str0x

I was thinking that I have some some really nice looking cars that I could not race in the league because of restrictions. If any of you guys drift or want to have an informal drag meet or car show (anything of the sorts really), we should get something together maybe weekly or monthly or whatever. Just wanted to test the waters for the idea. Comment for your thoughts.

--

#2QUIK4U

April 15, 2014 at 9:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TXschmidt
Administrator

A few of us like to drift it up and kru jones and myself have been kicking around the idea of a D1 style event on Long Beach. So, if you start a drift event I'm in but, not a point drift more like a style drift.

--

April 15, 2014 at 10:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kru Jones
Administrator

Oh yeah!! you know im down for a Long Beach Drift event!! these are the rules:

Typical D1GP Vehicle Regulations[edit]Considering the fact that the D1GP is a series geared towards production cars only, there are a number of different race regulations that the vehicle must undergo in order to be eligible to compete. They are:

*Only Two wheel drive (FR/RR/MR). The vehicle has to be a production, road-going model by a major vehicle manufacturer and must be rear-wheel drive, front-wheel drive, or all wheel drive from the factory.

*Vehicles constructed by a vehicle manufacturer solely for the purpose of racing are prohibited.

*front wheel drive (FF) cars with an RWD platform conversion are allowed.

*all wheel drive (4WD) cars without any RWD platform conversion, are prohibited.

*The vehicle must retain the original chassis/body—only stock body constructed from a vehicle manufacturer is allowed.

*No tube frame vehicles or tube frame chassis extensions are permissible unless part of the OEM structure

*Space frame chassis are not permitted, additional triangulation and bracing of suspension turret/mounting points is allowed so long as the car vehicle contains its original monocoque chassis.

*Vehicles must retain their original VIN in its OEM position as well as the OEM chassis plate where applicable -- VIN must not be altered, clearly visible and readable.

*Convertible vehicles must have a hard top installed and a roll cage which will be effective in the event of a vehicle rolling onto its roof. The hard top must be securely fastened to the body.

*The vehicles appearance must be similar to that of the original vehicle.

*Slick Tires (S-Tires) were prohibited after the first season as they are not road legal, after Nobuteru Taniguchi used them to win the championship in 2001. The series now only permits commercially available road tires approved by the organization.

*Catalytic converters must be installed to keep the vehicle to the maximum noise limit at race circuits.

--

April 15, 2014 at 10:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TXschmidt
Administrator

Man, I really hope we can get a drift event going! I'll help any way that I can with the event. Get on my door!!!

--

April 15, 2014 at 11:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

A Bearded Yeti
I'm down! This could be a blast!
--

April 15, 2014 at 1:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ColdBlueSteel49

I'm in, Would love to do a drift event. Even though I'm not that good I still love getting sideways.

--

Fresh out of gears and my shift light's on.

April 15, 2014 at 1:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

xThyMa3str0x

Nice. Same here ColdBlue.

--

#2QUIK4U

April 15, 2014 at 3:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

xThyMa3str0x

Im definitely in,

--

#2QUIK4U

April 15, 2014 at 3:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B66ST

count me in! 

--
ezgif-save (1)
April 15, 2014 at 3:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kru Jones
Administrator

well let me get some ideas on paper here and ill put them up for your viewing pleasure!! lol

--

April 15, 2014 at 3:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BIG CHIEF 1116
Let's get this party started
--
Better bite the pillow because I'm going in dry
April 15, 2014 at 4:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TXschmidt
Administrator

I say the first run should be at Long Beach. I'll do the art work and replays! lol

--

April 15, 2014 at 4:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BI MINION

Am aalways online for car show/drift/drag

Geit me on BI MINION

April 15, 2014 at 5:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

reaper mech

yeah i can see it now ....(announcer over echos speakers) welcome to the first stayfly d1 event of 2014 stay tuned for more details lol

--

April 15, 2014 at 7:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

KillerSpartan02

sounds like a cool idea im in!!

--
Winnings winning whether it's by an inch or a mile
April 15, 2014 at 8:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

rodge11
Did this head any where?
October 9, 2014 at 10:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cvviiruz
I'm in if we doing it
--
October 9, 2014 at 11:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Site Owner

We could probably do something like this on Horizon.

--

October 9, 2014 at 5:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hadji451

Are any of you playing Horizion 2 on 360 or just xbox 1

--

October 9, 2014 at 7:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.