Forum

Forum Home > All things Forza > Drift tuning

DevientMD
I was wondering if any of our good drifters had any tips on drift tunes for FM5? I have a decent drifter but it seems like im missing something!
April 28, 2014 at 3:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kru Jones
Administrator

i run a crazy amout of positive front toe...like +2.5 degrees. It keeps me from loopin it. Also if your transitions happen way to fast decrease your rear camber to give more tire surface width grip. It heps me slow down the drift action and keep it at a steady angle. My basic tunes look like this

camber

F -3.5

R -.5 to -1.5 (dependin on how wide the rear tires are and how quickly i want the rear end to swing out

Toe

F +2.5

R 0.0

Spring rates will depend on your feel and i slam the suspension all the way down.

Rear diff 60/60

Hope this helps!!

--

April 28, 2014 at 3:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B66ST
When I get home, I can paste over the guide I copied off the fm.net forum. I use it as a rule of thumb kinda thing.
April 28, 2014 at 4:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DevientMD
Good stuff fellas thank you, looks like I just need to get a little more aggressive with the tune. Kru that's the issue im having is looping too easily. Now, is that toe in or toe out, I see you got a + sign there. The thing that throws me off is on forza toe out is marked as negative...but on my hunter alignment rack at work, toe out is a negative number while toe in is a positive number, Kinda backwards from what im used to. But anyway, this should help thanks. I wanna come get slide ways with y'all!
April 28, 2014 at 5:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

reaper mech

i agree with kru's base settings on 85% of the cars there are a few that i have messed with that tend to like the nose higher than the rear it seems it gives a tad more grip through the turns , as for the springs and dampers , do what kru told me in fm4 take your race slicks off your circuit car and throw on stock or sport and tweak from there

--

April 28, 2014 at 6:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

reaper mech

DevientMD at April 28, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Good stuff fellas thank you, looks like I just need to get a little more aggressive with the tune. Kru that's the issue im having is looping too easily. Now, is that toe in or toe out, I see you got a + sign there. The thing that throws me off is on forza toe out is marked as negative...but on my hunter alignment rack at work, toe out is a negative number while toe in is a positive number, Kinda backwards from what im used to. But anyway, this should help thanks. I wanna come get slide ways with y'all!

+2.5 is toe out  where if its -2.5 its toe in

April 28, 2014 at 6:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B66ST

Also, if it helps, for tire pressure (not sure what everyone else runs) but i run 28 F and 25 R.

--
ezgif-save (1)
April 28, 2014 at 8:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

A Bearded Yeti

I run pretty close to kru with a few exceptions. 

Tire pressure I run 27.5 in front. 25.5 in rear. I also run street tires for the most part. Sometimes sport if it's a really loose car. 

Camber. 

F -3.5

r 0 to -1.0' but usually 0 is where I start. 

Toe

I started running 0 front and back. I will adjust a little if the car needs it, but 0 is what I like. 

Caster I start at 6.0. If it's twitchy I'll move it up, or if it's not responding enough ill bump it down. 

Suspension- I leave the front alone for the most part. If it's loose in the back I'll soften the rear suspension and if it's not sliding enough I'll tighten it up. 

Rear diff I took a trick out of schmidts book. I'll run 100/0. 

There are so many different ways to adjust the car that it comes down to what works best for you. If something works and it's different than what we do, it doesn't mean you're doing something wrong! Lol. That took me awhile to realize. feel free to join me or anyone else in here at any time. We are all happy to help! 

--

April 28, 2014 at 10:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.