Forum Home > FODRL Season 11 & 12 Archive > Mustang vs The World Rnd 2 recap

Mojo Crowzombie
Administrator

MUSTANG vs The World

Round 2

Super Street 10.900

MUSTANG FLEXES MUSCLE

2F4U TAKES THE WIN

The Super Street Championship got under way this weekend as 12 racers showed up for battle.  After some rough prelims two of last weeks top finishers, Mojo and Hobbes would not make the finals. Cipher and Big Ben would also fall in the early rounds. This would leave 3 FOMA racers and 5 FOMIA racers to make up the final lobby.

Representing FOMIA, Pac in the Haltech Toyota Celica, HotLZ77 in the 1967 Wounded Warrior Project Stingray, Hektic in the Queens St. 510 Datsun, Devient in his Full Throttle Mitsu Starion, and last weeks champ Jet in the w427 Pistonator Holden.  In the Mustangs, VooDoo was represented by Wooz in the 2010 Cobra Jet, and Silentkiller in the 2000 JEGS Cobra, and MyStang2F4U returned to the finals in the 2005 Flying Tiger Mustang GT.  When the action got underway the mustangs proved up to the challenge as MyStang would take Rnd 1, and Silent would take Rnd 2.  MyStang would have the points lead with an impressive 15 points securing 1st place.  Silent and Hektic would be tied for the 2nd place spot with 12 points, and Pac had 4th locked up.  Silent would not let his fully blown Stang go down to the Datsun as he would win the tie breaker and claim 2nd.

FINAL RESULTS

1st- MyStang2F4U

2nd- SilentKiller

3rd- HekticAunt78

4th- Pac Performance

Thanks to everyone for running with us and I hope to see you all again next week for the ELIMINATOR Championship 10.800 Round #3

--

May 4, 2014 at 3:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Site Owner
Great recap mojo. Congrats to 2F4U taking out the win in a lag filled finals lobby. He kept it together and stayed consistent. I hope we never experience lag like that again.
--

May 4, 2014 at 5:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JET Performance
Thanks for the recap Mojo. Congrats to MyStang on the W and all placegetters. Both lobbys to decide the final 8 ran fine but the final was a grind. Never experienced lobby lag on that extreme scale or like that b4 very difficult conditions. If that was the champ race it would have been rescheduled as it was beyond bad. You would not think xbox live was a paid service!
--

photo 06b285f8-b699-4a75-b92f-838e61e86e56_zps730b6ee0.png

May 4, 2014 at 6:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mojo Crowzombie
Administrator

It just upset the balance of the cosmos since I didn't make the final.  The final lobby replays looked smooth enough but I watched 3 Replays from different people and in all of them there would be at least one car without paint so I couldn't get the whole field in one shot. 

--

May 4, 2014 at 7:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JET Performance

For the second week straight touche to the upsetting the blance of the cosmos comment!  :P In the one shot of my car next to the Vet it looks like I have my windows down oouch wat a drag! 

--

photo 06b285f8-b699-4a75-b92f-838e61e86e56_zps730b6ee0.png

May 4, 2014 at 7:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

KILLERWooZ

Good news for me but bad news for everyone else. The 2010 CJ cars will not leave the race shop for the rest of the season. Only the very best of my Mustang collection will hit the track from here on out. Great job Rob!! The lag made a fun race into work for everyone!! Hope to see everyone again this weekend.

May 5, 2014 at 10:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.