Forum

Forum Home > FODRL Archives > Street Outlaws----The Next Moves

Kru Jones
Administrator

So with the Big Guy taking a step back its time to sort out the next moves in Street Outlaws.  There current season is almost at an end and i would like your input to see what my next move will be. Although i will take into consideration everybodies suggestion, there may be a possibility of not being able to satisfy all parties. i will try my best to do so!!! So here are my questions at hand:

Would you like a championship race for the current season or just end it and start new?

I am thinking about dropping the Unlimited class and replacing it with another. Do you have any suggestions on a class?

I am thinking about moving the race tine to an earlier spot. What time works best for you guys?

--

May 28, 2014 at 10:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TXschmidt
Administrator

Would you like a championship race for the current season or just end it and start new?

I'm good either way. With the break in the action right now it might be better to just end it to work out details for new season and give the guys that came in late a fresh start.

I am thinking about dropping the Unlimited class and replacing it with another. Do you have any suggestions on a class?

I kind of like the idea of a 4 banger class.

I am thinking about moving the race tine to an earlier spot. What time works best for you guys?

I'm good with any time.

--

May 28, 2014 at 11:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kru Jones
Administrator

TXschmidt at May 28, 2014 at 11:07 AM

I'm good either way. With the break in the action right now it might be better to just end it to work out details for new season and give the guys that came in late a fresh start.

I kind of like the idea of a 4 banger class.

I'm good with any time.

Q1) Im thinkin the same thing. With the big break it may be better to get a fresh start.. Plus the new DLC comes out May 30

Q2) 4 banger class? ooooo i like that!!!!!!! Ill be sorting this out soon!!!

Q3) Im thinking earlier in the day on Saturday. The wife HATES the late races....

--

May 28, 2014 at 11:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Site Owner

Would you like a championship race for the current season or just end it and start new? Id say start a new season as it has been a big break and call the winners as they are on the leaderboard. I can create a Street Outlaws thread for past winners or just a street outlaws Archive and then create a tab at the top called Street Outlaws hall of fame for the current champs and the champs of each following season with a short write up

I am thinking about dropping the Unlimited class and replacing it with another. Do you have any suggestions on a class? Im with TX. A four banger class would be awesome!! How about a fast fours and rotors? :)

I am thinking about moving the race tine to an earlier spot. What time works best for you guys? Depending on how much earlier could mean i could actually race more often in this. At the moment this race is at 1pm in the afternoon for me. if it was first thing in the morning i could more than likely make it. During the day on a sunday i seem to just have more and more stuff on. What time were you thinking?

--

May 28, 2014 at 6:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

reaper mech

i may have not been in the series long but my vote is to take time off for revising the rules and reblanacing the cars and getting a calender setup for everyone to see where we are running in advance

cool with this idea kru.. 4 banger shoot out , or  6 cylinder cars (must come stock with 6 cylinder) maybe a fwd run too?

if we move it to a new spot its not a big issue for me 

--

May 28, 2014 at 6:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ColdBlueSteel49

I don't see a need for it, If necessary we could run 1 night to solidify the board. I'm fine with not running but I know some guys might want to try to make that final push to the top. With the new DLC coming out Friday and the new cars we got from the May DLC we have alot of cars to add to the new season, Looking forward to this.

I would love to see a new class of 4 bangers. and rotors, would be more than happy to help work out specs on this in my free time. Unlimited is fun and there are alot of close races with the 8.750 to 9.000 time set up we were running. I would prefer to keep it. If anything we need to seriously evaluate the Heavy class as it is not as even as the others but that is just my opinion. Just haven't had the time lately as I have been putting all of my efforts into the Trans Am Series. 

Absolutely, I wouldn't even mind making it a early evening race at around 5pm cst/6pm est. or 6pm cst/7pm est. That would make it an early enough race that those participation in FM4 events would have time to switch over and Pac's time would be like 7am to 8am so we would get to race with him more. Plus I think if you held it that early you would have more folks since they could race and still have their saturday nights free for family and going out here in the states.

--

Fresh out of gears and my shift light's on.

May 28, 2014 at 7:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

A Bearded Yeti

I don't feel a need for a championship. I would love to push for first again, but it's not that big of a deal! Lol. I am not thrilled about the heavyweights. I personally like to get everything out of a car, rather than just tune for a certain time. Great for bracket racing, but not so much for street.  Maybe we can allow drivetrain swaps for the unlimited class? Might bring in more of a variety. Just an idea. And the 4 banger class sounds sweet! 

--

May 28, 2014 at 9:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DevientMD
I'm good with the changes, I can't get my unlimited cars to hook anyway lol. Earlier races would be sweet, but I work until 6pm est, so 7pm est would be good. Like PAC said, earlier would make it easier for me to run, and my wife hates the late races also.
May 29, 2014 at 12:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kru Jones
Administrator

Thanks for the input. I will be making some changes and posting them up soon. Hope to see you guys in the street!!!

--

May 29, 2014 at 12:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sportsman5990
Administrator
Are there any cars for nostalgia superstock in fm5? When i get me myself an xbox, think it be pretty cool to have a class like that :p
--

**Chevy Novas! Dragging Mustangs Since 1964**

May 29, 2014 at 2:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kru Jones
Administrator

Sportsman5990 at May 29, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Are there any cars for nostalgia superstock in fm5? When i get me myself an xbox, think it be pretty cool to have a class like that :p

Ive been looking into that myself!!!! Any thoughts on how the cars would be set up?

Im thinking.......

Pre-1980 Cars

Stock Motors (no race engines)

Sport Tranny

Race Cams

Sport Exhaust

Sport Carb

Drag Slicks

Full Cage

There are gonna be some cars i will have to restrict but this would be a basic idea

--

May 29, 2014 at 5:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sportsman5990
Administrator
That sounds great! Any hp recap?
--

May 29, 2014 at 5:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JET Performance

My only input would be as I like to sleep in a little on Sunday if poss as I don't get to many days to sleep in :(  So a 8pm EST start 3 hours before current start time of 11pm EST. 8pm EST = a 9.30am Sunday morning start for me atm is managable. 8) plus it gives me 15-20mins to tune my car if needed nothing like winging it!  ;)

--

photo 06b285f8-b699-4a75-b92f-838e61e86e56_zps730b6ee0.png

May 29, 2014 at 7:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

newsouthjoker1
When does the new season start
--
Street racings not a crime Well it is but f/¢k it
May 29, 2014 at 9:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sportsman5990
Administrator
As soon as the new classes and rules are applied there will most likely be a "test run" if there are major rule change but otherwise as soon as changes are made a date will be applied
--

May 29, 2014 at 9:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ColdBlueSteel49

JET Performance at May 29, 2014 at 7:26 PM

My only input would be as I like to sleep in a little on Sunday if poss as I don't get to many days to sleep in :(  So a 8pm EST start 3 hours before current start time of 11pm EST. 8pm EST = a 9.30am Sunday morning start for me atm is managable. 8) plus it gives me 15-20mins to tune my car if needed nothing like winging it!  ;)

When we do decide a new time we need to make it at least 2 hours earlier tham the FM4 start time. With getting everyone in a room, qualifying for at least three categories, and racing at least three categories it takes alot of time as we found out last season. I think we need at least a 2hour cushion to make sure everyone can switch over to run in FM4 if they need to. I remember how FM4 events would run long and we would have to wait for folks that needed to qualify for FM5 for 45min to an hour, Making us start an hour late on a long process already. I think it would be benificial for both FM4 and FM5 events allowing more people to sign up for both series.

--

Fresh out of gears and my shift light's on.

May 29, 2014 at 10:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JET Performance

I agree CBS that is why I suggested 8pm EST as it was 2 hours prior (double the current time diff of 1 hour) of  the traditional 10pm EST FM4 event as cleary 1 hour after 10pm FM4 event for FM5 at 11pm start was not always going to work unless you have a dream run without any hiccups that can happen but not always with lobby lag or folks unable to join type issues. But I'm happy what ever time Kru decides on just replying with my 2c for example 6pm EST is going to be way to early for me on a Sunday morning for me.  ;) (I need my beauty sleep lol)

--

photo 06b285f8-b699-4a75-b92f-838e61e86e56_zps730b6ee0.png

May 29, 2014 at 10:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kru Jones
Administrator

Thansk for the input my peeps!!! Almost done sorting out the next oves and new times. i think you will enjoy this season!!!

--

May 30, 2014 at 10:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Leadfoot

I know you weren't expecting a uniform answer, but I believe that everybody is in agreement with all of your thoughts. Thanks for working on this like you have been.

May 30, 2014 at 11:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

jurucutungo
if we are doing nostalgia o any other series for that matter, we should have a weird e.t. time that no car can make, like 10.837. Thats what i liked from nostalgia that no one could do the exact time and you had to be careful
May 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.