Forum

Forum Home > FODRL Season 11 & 12 Archive > Mustang VS The World Rnd 8 Recap

Mojo Crowzombie
Administrator

MUSTANG vs The World

Round 8

Super Gas 9.900

MOJO'S DIXIE DEVIL GET'S IT DONE

The 8th and final season race of Mustang vs The World got under way last night with 10 racers primed and ready for racing.  The modified format was ran once again, taking the top 6 racers into the final.  With the dial turned up to the fastest index this season to 9.900, the drivers would have to be on point all night if they would hope to make it thru to the finals.

The prelims would continue to bring the same level of close, clean racing that has become expected in FODRL events.  In Lobby 1, HobbesLaw from the VooDoo camp would return and make a big impact in the Ford Fairlane as he would sweep the prelims and advance to the finals.  Hektic would have trouble with his BMW and find the exit early in both rounds.  Mojo and WooZ can always be counted on for their ability to turn a "sure thing" into a white-knuckle, drama filled, fender to fender, (sometimes fender into door) race for survival.  This prelim would be no exception, as Mojo and BigBen would go out on a double elimination with a 9.944 in heat 3 of Rnd 1, thus tightening up the lobby while giving Hobbes some breathing room.  Mojo would come in 2nd behind Hobbes to advance to the final.  WooZ and BigBen would strkie next, both earning 5 points after Rnd 2 creating a tie for the final spot to advance.  BigBen ran strong all night in his Viper, but WooZ laid down a 9.900 pass to take the tie breaker and advance.  In Lobby 2, mouse would go out first then Hot with a breakout followed by cipher.  Silent would fend off Jet to take the first round points.  Round 2 would see mouse exit early.  Silent and cipher would fall victim to a double elimination with a 9.960 leaving Hot and Jet to battle for the top spot.  Hot would win the round.  Points leader Jet would look to increase his lead as he would take his 40 coupe to the final.  Silent would look to dethrone Jet and claim 1st for himself as he would follow the leader into the finals.  HotLz would continue to build momentum late in the season as he would take the final spot in the Super Gas final.  

The final would have a split field of 3 FOMA and 3 FOIMA.  The points led currently held by Jet would remain intact but the question would be how tight would the spread be after the final.  Hobbes would come into the event looking to be the spoiler, and at the end of Rnd 1 he would be locked onto that goal like a laser as he would take another round win.  Mojo, who had been chasing after Hobbes all night would come in 2nd as the final heat was a 9.910 to 9.900.  WooZ and Jet would claim the 3rd and 4th spots, with Hot and Silent finding the early exits in the round.  The first breakouts of the final would hit in heat 1, rnd 2, as Mojo, Hobbes, and WooZ would dip into the 9.8s, but Hobbes would post the fastest breakout going out and claiming 7 pts.  Jet would exit next claiming 5 pts along with Silent.  WooZ would create more tension as he would take 7 pts, locking horns with Hobbes.  Mojo could add to the tension if he could get past Hot and his viper.  Hot would continue his late season rally but come up short to the Dixie Devil, creating a 3 way tie for 2nd.  The tie breaker would go Hot's way as he would take 2nd, with WooZ grabbing 3rd, and Hobbes 4th.  

We will meet next weekend July 19th, @ 10 pm est for Part 1 of the Mustang vs The World Championship, 10.6 Renegade Street.

FINAL RESULTS

1st - Mojo Crowzombie

2nd - HotLZ77

3rd - KillerWooZ

4th - HobbesLaw

--

July 13, 2014 at 12:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Site Owner

Congrats Mojo on the win buddy. Damn i miss running in these races :(

--

July 13, 2014 at 7:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JET Performance
Congrats on the W Mojo nice1 mate. Gr8 write up thanks. What a time to be hitting top form! Gr8 racing everybody congrats to all placegetters.
--

photo 06b285f8-b699-4a75-b92f-838e61e86e56_zps730b6ee0.png

July 13, 2014 at 7:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

s1lentk1ller318

wow what a why to end the night congrats on the win mojo  heck of a showdown and now its time to finish the 1940' s domination mustangs will come out victorious .... lol

--

July 14, 2014 at 12:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

KILLERWooZ

I think this season (at least for me) has been the most fun by far. Every week the level of competition just gets stronger making for some great racing. Thanks FODRL for puttin this together and making it so much fun!!

July 14, 2014 at 12:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

wyteswordfish

I want to apologize to everyone for not being able to race  :(

I had every intention of making it, but then SHE showed up on my doorstep and racing seemed like the 2nd most fun thing I could do with my Saturday night all of a sudden hahaha 8)

--

July 14, 2014 at 3:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Site Owner

lol Wyte. What race??? :) 

--

July 14, 2014 at 6:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

wyteswordfish
Yeah that was pretty much it lol Congrats to mojo on the win. I'd like to race in the race next weekend if at all possible. I'm rusty so I'll be first round fodder for someone lol
--

July 14, 2014 at 8:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BigBen0913

The championship starts next weekend, Wyte. So, correct me if I am wrong, I don't think you can race with us.  

--

July 14, 2014 at 10:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

wyteswordfish

BigBen0913 at July 14, 2014 at 10:11 PM

The championship starts next weekend, Wyte. So, correct me if I am wrong, I don't think you can race with us.  

You're probably correct BigBen, it's been so long since I've raced here it was still called the FHRA last time lol!! I'll probably be chasing pussy Saturday night anyways 8)

--

July 15, 2014 at 12:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.