Forum

Forum Home > FODRL Season 11 & 12 Archive > Mustang vs The World Championship, Pt 1 recap

Mojo Crowzombie
Administrator

Mustang vs The World

CHAMPIONSHIP

Pt. 1

ONE MORE HEAT, Please

The MVW series Championship got underway as the seasons top 8 racers lined up for battle.  Series points leader Jet looked to increase his lead while the pack of hungery wolves at his heels looked to dethrone him.  The racing lived up to the high excpectations set by previous weeks of door to door battles, and .001 upsets. 

In Round 1, Hektic and cipher would struggle early with traction issues and exit out in the first two heats.  Jet and Silent would find themselves at the wrong end of a double elimination going out in the third heat, and create the opportunity the rest of the field had be looking for.  BigBen would claim the 5th heat points, followed by Mojo in the 6th.  WooZ jumped out to an early points lead taking the top spot with HotLZ close behind in 2nd. 

Round 2 would look the same for Hektic and cipher as their struggles continued in heats 1 and 2.  BigBen would take the 3rd heat points followed by Jet in the 4th leaving them just outside the top four spots. After the 2nd Round WooZ found himself tied with HotLZ for 1st, and a 2nd Round win by Silent would tie him up with Mojo for 3rd.  WooZ and Hot would get it done in one, as WooZ would take the win, but Silent and Mojo would lay down a 10.644 forcing another heat.  The final pass would sum up the close battles of the night as Silent would hit a 10.611 beating out Mojo's too quick 10.594. The racing has reached the boiling point and a winner will be crowned this coming weekend, Aug 2nd.

FINAL RESULTS

1st- KillerWooZ

2nd- HotLZ77

3rd- SilentKiller

4th- Mojo Crowzombie

=

--

July 28, 2014 at 10:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

KILLERWooZ

Awesome write up Mojo and thanks for the beautiful paint job! No matter how things end up I must say this has been the best format and has been the most fun I have had yet! I love racing with you all and plan to continue in the next season. The level of competition here has no equal thanks to the skill of all the great racers. One down one to go!!!

July 28, 2014 at 1:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JET Performance

Thanks for the gr8 write up Mojo. Congrats Wooz on the W buddy! 8)

Why are my brake lights on? I never ever hit the picks the only thing I can think is either it was a free for all smash em derby run or photo shoped. :P

--

photo 06b285f8-b699-4a75-b92f-838e61e86e56_zps730b6ee0.png

July 28, 2014 at 9:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Site Owner

Great write up Mojo. And congrats on the Win Wooz. Recap and Pics have been shared on our facebook page.

I hope to get some time to run in the next season. I miss this racing. The closeness and the level of competition is second to none.

--

July 28, 2014 at 10:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mojo Crowzombie
Administrator

JET Performance at July 28, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Why are my brake lights on? I never ever hit the picks the only thing I can think is either it was a free for all smash em derby run or photo shoped. :P

Think it is just the lighting on the brakes. I took that shot for the trio of cars, nothing else.
--

July 28, 2014 at 11:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JET Performance

Mojo Crowzombie at July 28, 2014 at 11:33 PM

JET Performance at July 28, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Think it is just the lighting on the brakes. I took that shot for the trio of cars, nothing else.

A reflection/lighting makes sense.  :)

--

photo 06b285f8-b699-4a75-b92f-838e61e86e56_zps730b6ee0.png

July 28, 2014 at 11:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.