Forum

Forum Home > FODRL Street Outlaws Season 1, 2, & 3 Archives - FM5 > street out laws dilemma

reaper mech

ok fellow racers we are having an issue with callouts on race night and with attendance for unlimited street.

i am suggesting that if you dont post your callouts ahead of time (calling out on the site) you can not call out on the street

how this will work is if #4 calls out #3 on the site and they win they can still call out #2 afterwards . 

this will help us keep track of who is calling out who and in what order the races will be run so we can get through it faster.

for unlimited im voting we dump the class all together to speed up the evening ...3 hrs for this is entirely to long.. and for the last few runs we have only had 4-6 racers show up depending on which weekend you want to look at.

please post your thoughts on these suggestions 

--

August 11, 2014 at 2:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

A Bearded Yeti

I think the biggest issue is the negotiation of lengths. I like the heads up one and done. I don't care if CBS would blow me away, there is still a chance he could screw up! Lol. Once we switched it took all the fun out of it for me. No point in spending hours of tuning when I could just ask for another car length. I do like the more open field for the cars to be used, but that's about it.  I'm not saying you have to change anything as I will be starting my new job in October and I'll be on shift work. So I won't be able to make a steady appearance anyways. 

--

August 11, 2014 at 8:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

reaper mech

Yeti i agree with the more open field of cars and the one and done , if there is a season 3 i think we should have a group of tuners get together and redo all the class rules and balance the cars so we can get back to the one and done rule.

--

August 11, 2014 at 9:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DevientMD
Maybe we should run a bracket again for a little while, I would be down to fire up the tortoise and hare series again, which would be even more fun now that the cars are so much faster.
--
 photo C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_SavedImages_devientmd1_zps1d46c541.png
August 11, 2014 at 12:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TXschmidt
Administrator

+1 to Devient! I'm good with bracket and tortoise and hare races.

--

August 11, 2014 at 5:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TXschmidt
Administrator

Btw - I had fun at the Outlaws race this weekend and the time it takes doesn't bother me but, I understand that some people might have a life outside of Forza.

--

August 11, 2014 at 5:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DevientMD
Right on Tx, I'm gonna get it set up anyway, bit it may take a few days it was a bitch to set up everything with the time delay lol. And I had fun too, every race I had was close, but maybe we can get a little better turn out if we go back to something a little less time consuming. The hare series is awesome imo, and you still get to run multiple cars in the same night.
--
 photo C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_SavedImages_devientmd1_zps1d46c541.png
August 11, 2014 at 7:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Site Owner
Why don't we make a outlaw series on the strip using brackets. Each racer can dial in there own time. Must be comparative to the hp and mods the car has. For example a maxed out nova should have a 8.9 bracket
--

August 12, 2014 at 5:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ColdBlueSteel49

I agree with Yeti, The one and done we did last season was the way to go. No Lengths. Just Straight up. If we go back to that we will need to rebalance the classes as we did last season. Last season with restrictions on the classes and One and Done in effect we had each class down to 15 to 20 min tops. 30-45min a class is just way too much. I don't care to be number one on all the class boards because I never get to race anyone, and if I do it's the same racers every weekend. Then they don't want to call you out to run unless you try to cut out. For the rest of this season I believe If you have not been called out on the computer prior to the race in a certain class then you shouldn't have to be there for that class. I'm trying my best to stick around for all three classes but my arm is still not up to par for more than an hour at a time and by then we are just starting the 2nd class of the night. My 2 cents is we keep unlimited next season, bump it to a 8.7 to 8.8 time limit, and run one and done. I just hope I'll be able to make the rest of the races this season as my shoulder is having some complications and I just can't be on that long.

--

Fresh out of gears and my shift light's on.

August 12, 2014 at 11:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lunatik1977
Hope your shoulder gets better CBS. Mine is still messed up from surgery back in November. I like the one run rule. The time doesn't bother me at all. The street is more challenging to me than the strip. I'll do either one.
August 12, 2014 at 7:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cvviiruz

what you should do is update the list after every event so no one is quessing what spot they are in

August 13, 2014 at 8:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

reaper mech

cvviiruz at August 13, 2014 at 8:40 PM

what you should do is update the list after every event so no one is quessing what spot they are in

the gentleman that does the updates has just gotten married with a kid on the way ...and he lives in Australia ! and you should keep track of what spot you are in too IMO. 

--

August 13, 2014 at 10:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Site Owner

reaper mech at August 13, 2014 at 10:12 PM

cvviiruz at August 13, 2014 at 8:40 PM

the gentleman that does the updates has just gotten married with a kid on the way ...and he lives in Australia ! and you should keep track of what spot you are in too IMO. 

I will try to get this updated tomorrow morning before work.

I am just back to work today and catching up. Sorry for the delay guys.

--

August 14, 2014 at 12:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cvviiruz
Oh ok I didn't know that so I'm sorry
August 14, 2014 at 6:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

jurucutungo

just do a limited season of just one series, the problem is we are running the different series in the same day

August 14, 2014 at 5:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TXschmidt
Administrator

If you send the list to me I'll update it.

--

August 14, 2014 at 5:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Site Owner

Home page leaderboards now updated. sorry for the delay guys.

I will get the sign up sorted today. too. What track would you all like?

--

August 14, 2014 at 6:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

reaper mech

catalunya, sivlerstone , road amurica

--

August 14, 2014 at 8:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kru Jones
Administrator

First off lemme say that ive had ALOT of real life shit to deal with and couldnt even begin to try and run this correctly. Shout out to TX and PAC for pulling more than there own weight

Here's my opinion (and remember its just my opinion)

In earlier seasons we didnt have these problems because if PAC said these are the rules...those rules stayed. Now EVERYBODY and their mom has a "better" idea on how to run it. THIS is the main reason i have no desire to get too deep into anything. And its shitty..cuz i dig racing with the fellas.  Make the cars more even? Did that..and people get butthurt cuz somethings faster. Restrict cars? Done...people start crying cuz their favorite car cant be in it. No matter what move we make, somebody somewhere has something to say. Certain cats telling folks that the season was wack and it was over, now that same person is MR Helpful? SMDH.....mofos plottin not to run #1...cuz they cant win......I would like to say i started something cool but thats just been overrrun with complaints, sad faces and shitty britches.  I just wanna race with my buddies and have fun....there just seems to be a problem with doing that

--

August 15, 2014 at 5:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DevientMD
Gotta good point there kru, you can't please everyone no matter what you do. I think the format we run now is the best of all, just takes a bit of time. The best 2 of 3 is great, negotiation evens it up. CBS is fast as fuck, but as we negotiate car lengths, we are bumpers apart. I really think we should run just 2 cars to cut down the time, and keep the comp strong, I don't really care which 2, but I would lean toward true and unlimited. Heavy has been competitive, but when it comes down to it, you have true street, based off of real street hp, and unlimited for those (whom we all know) have ridiculous bank accounts who spend every buck they have on hp and then find a way to put it on the ground. I could go on, but I think 2 classes is the key, 2 outta 3
--
August 15, 2014 at 9:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.