Forum

Forum Home > FODRL Official FM5 Events > bracket race series

spl usevicz

i was thinking about doing a bracket race series at the drag strip for any make model power anything nut would have to run between a 10.0 and a 10.2 if anyone is inturested in doing this post in here and we can set everything up was thinking of doing it with a points system would have qualifying and all and mabe have a little faster classes and mabe slower as well let me know what you think

November 16, 2014 at 4:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Site Owner

Bracket was all this site was about for a long time until we moved into street racing on FM5. It would be good to see it make a come back if anyone is willing to run it.

--

November 16, 2014 at 5:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

spl usevicz
I agree it would be interesting because if all cars are just as fast it's up to the driver to put it down the track
November 16, 2014 at 5:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DevientMD
I would be down for some bracket racing, I would really like to do a nostalgia series on FM5.
--
 photo C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_SavedImages_devientmd1_zps1d46c541.png
November 16, 2014 at 8:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Site Owner

DevientMD at November 16, 2014 at 8:48 PM

I would be down for some bracket racing, I would really like to do a nostalgia series on FM5.

That would be bad arse buddy. Nostalgia super stock on FM4 was my all time favourite class.

--

November 16, 2014 at 9:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

spl usevicz
If someone can help me out what's nostalgia?
November 16, 2014 at 9:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Site Owner

I will try to find info on it :) 

--

November 16, 2014 at 9:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

spl usevicz
Sounds good
November 16, 2014 at 9:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Site Owner

Here is some info i have saved -

This bracket features cars from the days of the past when factory experimental (family cars with dual carbs, long wheel bases and high HP big blocks stuffed under the hood) cars were dominating local drag strips.

The cars are tuned to hit their realistic "top stock" numbers. We send you the tune, you can tweak the tune to squeeze out every extra fraction of a second, but you may not change a single part, except the wheels and hood scoops.

There are 9 cars from the big five to chose from, and all we ask is you sign up for the race, and run a realistic looking paint.

Either storefront, replica, or realistic paint. Search Nostalgia Superstock on any image search for ideas.

Rules –

- You must run one of the 9 cars below and obtain the tune from myself (PACMAN).

(you can tune it but not change any parts except the wheels and hood scoops. Wheels must be Drag style wheels.)

- The bracket will be set to 11.750 on the Benchmark qtr mile.

(All tunes are built and tuned to run the bracket time.)

- Races will be run in the usual 8 wide format. 2 rounds with points being awarded as each racer is eliminated

- TCS will be forced off.

--

November 16, 2014 at 10:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]il.com
Site Owner

Here is a facebook post showing off the cars we ran. :) - https://www.facebook.com/fodrl/posts/749153491834770

--

November 16, 2014 at 11:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B66ST

Depending on the day, ill run and help out.

--
ezgif-save (1)
November 17, 2014 at 9:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

spl usevicz
Sounds good b66st still hoping to get a little more intrest in it and then we can make it official and set up what times and the days
November 17, 2014 at 10:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

B66ST

The nostalgia super stock was fun to run on fm4 and a big hit. would more than likely be killer to run it on fm5.

--
ezgif-save (1)
November 17, 2014 at 4:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

spl usevicz

im up for it if we can get some people 

November 17, 2014 at 4:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Site Owner

If you build it they will come :) Its like any series we try to get off the ground. It may start off slow with a few guys but if its good and the racing is fair more will come

--

November 17, 2014 at 4:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

spl usevicz

fair enough so when would anyone be inturested in doing it during the week or weekend

November 17, 2014 at 4:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

spl usevicz
B66st Let me know when you will be on again maybe we can figure it all out
--
November 17, 2014 at 5:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Badassafied

Im down to race let me know if i can help

November 17, 2014 at 5:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

spl usevicz

will do bad are you going to be on tommorow at all same with b66st so we can get everything set up and see how we want to do this will take the help lol

November 17, 2014 at 6:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.