Forum

Forum Home > Off Topic Discussion > Wyte's NEW WHIP!!!

wyteswordfish

Scroll down to my post at the bottom to see mod updates....

--

February 11, 2015 at 10:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Site Owner

Very Nice Wyte!! Cant wait to see how it looks after you get your hands on it. :) 

--

February 11, 2015 at 3:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kru Jones
Administrator

OOOOOOO WEEEEE!!! thats bad ass!!!

--

February 11, 2015 at 3:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TXschmidt
Administrator

Thanks nice wyte! But, will it drift? lol

--

February 11, 2015 at 5:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

HeartIessHorror
Administrator

That's an awesome ride you got yourself! Congrats bud!

--

February 12, 2015 at 2:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DevientMD
Hell yeah dude I've always been a jeep fan and I gotta say those SRT Jeeps are fun as hell to drive, especially while its raining lol. Congrats man nice whip enjoy my man!
--
 photo C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_SavedImages_devientmd1_zps1d46c541.png
February 12, 2015 at 8:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B66ST

Those are bad ass, Very nice!

They have major steering issues though. For some reason they develop a bad pull when driving past gas stations. lol

--
ezgif-save (1)
February 13, 2015 at 2:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

HokieSpeed

So sick!!!!

--

February 14, 2015 at 12:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TXschmidt
Administrator

B66ST at February 13, 2015 at 2:48 PM

Those are bad ass, Very nice!

They have major steering issues though. For some reason they develop a bad pull when driving past gas stations. lol

Lmfao!!!
--

February 15, 2015 at 5:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

wyteswordfish

Well...it didn't go as planned. The Jeep got here to town and as they were loading it off the car hauler I heard it had valvetrain noise, so I was immediatly on guard. After test driving it I decided not to buy it and backed out of the deal. I didn't want to drop my hard earned money on something with no warranty and valvetrain noise (those 6.1L's like to drop valves I was told) 

So after test driving a couple different cars, I FINALLY have my new toy...

2011 Ford Taurus SHO....

Already ordered the Livernois Motorsports Tuner w/level 1-4 tunes, AirRaid CAI, and a 3 bar MAP sensor for it this morning.  Appointment is setup for custom 2.5" catback exhaust to be put on this weekend. Most SHO's with the mods I'm starting off with dyno at about 360hp and 430ft-lb's on an awd dyno....that should make for some fun brake boost awd launches!!! 

--

February 16, 2015 at 12:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Site Owner

Very nice new whip buddy. will be quite fun after the mods

--

February 16, 2015 at 5:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B66ST

i actually want one of those. drop the kids off at school, smoke a honda or 2 on the way home. lol

Hell, after the video i just watched, could take out a new camaro ss too. lol

--
ezgif-save (1)
February 17, 2015 at 6:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

wyteswordfish

Update:

I've installed the CAI...

before..

After....

Got the exhaust done..just removed the 2 rear mufflers, sounds MUCH better now..like a V8 at idle and a 350z w/aftermarket exhaust at WOT....

And also finally flashed the tune to the car. Since I haven't yet had time to get the colder plugs put in as well as the 160degree tstat or 3 bar map sensor, after talking with Livernois Motorsports they recommened their level 4 91 octane 2 bar tune. It adds 40hp and 50lb-ft of torque per their dyno's on a SHO with just a CAI like mine.

Now I just need to get my ass in gear and get the other parts installed so I can step up to their 91 octane level 4+ 3 bar tune which adds 80hp and 100lb-ft at the wheels and should put me in the mid to high 12 second range :) 

--

April 7, 2015 at 4:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Site Owner

Looking good buddy :) Its coming along very nicely. Mid to high 12's is beast out of a big car like that.

--

April 7, 2015 at 5:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

wyteswordfish

Thanks man. Yea, it feels quicker and more nimble than it's 4400lbs would suggest lol! 

--

April 8, 2015 at 9:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

HeartIessHorror
Administrator

12 Second Sedan!! Not bad

--

April 9, 2015 at 1:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

wyteswordfish

Been a while since I've been on here, hope everyones doing well. I've gotten a few new tunes for the car, including one specifically for the race fuel I bought. I didn't make it to the track before it closed this year to get my 12 second timeslip but I'm confident it now run's at least high 12's on the 93 octane tune. Raced a Pontiac G8 GT w/bolt-ons, full exhaust and tuned on e85 from a dig and put 2 cars on him. He run's 12.9s-13.0's at our local track. 

Anywho, here's a cold start video of the SHO...I'll try to take a warm start one this weekend, it sounds really good at idle warmed up. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzPVUc-Tzug

--

November 19, 2015 at 3:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.