Forum

Forum Home > All things Forza > Headstart Program?

TidalWarga5m

Completely brand new to Forza and am looking for some help with basic drag tuning, especially as it relates to the Street Outlaw classes being run here on FH2. I'm not looking for your secrets or your tunes, just looking for a little help in the right direction and just some of the basics of getting set up to run with you guys and at least be competitive.

Thanks..

--

Cheap, fast and reliable - pick two..

March 1, 2015 at 1:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Site Owner

The FH2 Street outlaws has 3 races of this season left. You can still join but you wont have a chance at getting to first place.

As far as a basic setup for the street on FH2

set your tire pressures all the way up in the front and all the way low in the rear.

Gearing is best set while running on the airfield to get the 1st gear just right to launch. What car are you thinking of using and i will be happy to set it up for you

--

March 2, 2015 at 5:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TidalWarga5m

Well I was out there on saturday with a goat, getting my doors sawed off.

Are there just some basic "everyone does this" things I need to know for drag on Forza? A tire compund that everyone uses? Tire size? Engine swap, turbo or supercharger or do these things vary from one to the next? Rally suspension and rally transmission or is that just myth or doesn't work for what we do?

I was blowing the tires off a bit but pretty much taking everyone out of the hole but I was getting reeled in big time on the big end. Running an all motor goat and I was trapping about 20+mph slower than everyone else..

--

March 2, 2015 at 6:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

reaper mech

fh2 most of them use stock compound and the 6.2 L engine with a turbo

--

March 2, 2015 at 8:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Site Owner

The guys on the list are using street or stock tyres to fit more hp into the car. It really depend on the car when it comes to turbo or supercharger. S/C cars tend to have power instantly whereas the Turbo cars are slower to take off but can then blow the tires when you hit boost. It is all a matter of preference and a whole lot of testing and tuning. I dont personally use the rally suspension and transmission but tbh never tried to see if it would work. A suggestion for you may be to add a few guys from the list and see if you can get into a lobby with them to test. We have a great bunch of racers here that are always willing to lend a hand where they can.

--

March 2, 2015 at 8:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kru Jones
Administrator

I too run the ole Goat...not a bad lil whip once you get a handle on it!

i run the second option tires (not at full width...like 305)

rally suspension

twin turbo (like PAC said...it's a bit slower out of the hole but I can manage it when the boost comes on)

powerglide (2speed) trans lol

i think it has the 6.2 swap as well

--

March 2, 2015 at 9:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sportsman5990
Administrator
Goats are my appetizer ;)
--

**Chevy Novas! Dragging Mustangs Since 1964**

March 2, 2015 at 9:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TidalWarga5m

Thanks all of you for your answers; really points me in the right direction. Shows I was approaching this backwards as I come from a place where it doesn't matter if you have 500 or 5000 hp, if you cant get it to the ground it aint going to matter. This appears to be more of case of what you can fit in and ride the edge of disaster with, lol.

(Kru - I was running a 2 speed on Sat too, so that makes me feel a bit better ;) )

Thanks again for the info. Hopefully I can soon be a threat to the list..

--

March 2, 2015 at 10:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Site Owner

To be fair this way of tuning kind of only applies to FH2.

In FM5 a car with lower hp can win if it hooks better.

FH2 seems to be a bit of a different ball game.

--

March 2, 2015 at 10:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

reaper mech

haha pac , fh2 is all about who can ice skate better and keep it  betweent he ditches :)

--

March 2, 2015 at 10:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Site Owner

Lol thats it buddy :) 

--

March 3, 2015 at 4:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hgosniper90
Little off topic but for fwd cars on fh2 list they have to be n/a no turbo correct
March 3, 2015 at 4:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Site Owner

Any aspiration is fine just needs to be FWD here are the rules

•Max PI: A 800

•Unlimited HP

•Unlimited Weight

•Front Engine FWD (No Conversions)

--

March 3, 2015 at 9:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.