Forum

Forum Home > FODRL Street Outlaws Season 1 Archives - FM4 > Tentative FM4 Top 10 list Rules...

wyteswordfish

Ok guys so me and heartless have been doing some talking and I think got some tenative rules I want to throw ou there for the top ten list on FM4 and get some feedback...

Any year RWD car 

650hp max

must weigh more than 2400 lbs

tenatively looking at banning these cars: 69 Camaro, Dart, Fairlane, and 40 Ford.- this list isn't set in stone...if anyone knows or can think of any other cars that would be head and shoulders above the rest let me know. 

ALSO I plan on running this as an 1/8mile event...just like the show. I feel this might make more cars competitive but again, this is all tenative at this point, I would like everyones feedback on all of this. 

--

March 5, 2015 at 5:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

reaper mech

got a spot picked out wyte? you know since they race at the same spot everytime ?

--

March 5, 2015 at 6:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DOORKNOB24
I love the idea. I wouldnt allow any drivetrain swaps and only use cars from 1980 and newer excluding the new 5.0 mustang. One more thing. CAP THE PI
March 5, 2015 at 8:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cipher1962

looking at banning these cars: 69 Camaro, Dart, Fairlane, and 40 Ford.- this list isn't set in stone...if anyone knows or can think of any other cars that would be head and shoulders above the rest let me know.

May want to consider the 13 stang on this.

--

Have a good-n

March 6, 2015 at 12:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

wyteswordfish

I thought about banning the 13 stang but I don't know if i want to consdiering the lighest you can get one down to is ~2800lbs...so that's a 400lb weight difference between the lowest weight allowed and how much that pig weighs which I feel offsets how fast it might appear to be. 

There will be no drivetrain swaps allowed. PI will be capped, nothing higher than s class, and while I'd like to make it a late model race, what i don't want is everyone showing up in the same 3 or 4 cars...I want a variety. But again, it's not about what I want, I want to hear from ya'll what you'd like to see....

--

March 6, 2015 at 11:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

wyteswordfish

reaper mech at March 5, 2015 at 6:52 PM

got a spot picked out wyte? you know since they race at the same spot everytime ?

looking at testrack layout A, the square course, racing in the parking lot because it has definitive lines we can use for the start and finish...and since only running an 1/8mi there would be plenty of shutdown area. I'm taking your advice Reaper and will do some testing on Sedona 1/8mi track and then some other "street" spots to make sure we go with a place where trap speed isn't effected by poor traction. 

--

March 6, 2015 at 11:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

HeartIessHorror
Administrator

I think we should run different tracks and announce it the week before. Whyte and I can go out in the SHO and "find a perfect road" lol

--

March 6, 2015 at 7:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

HeartIessHorror
Administrator

Rough draft;

FM4 Street Outlaws

1/8 mile

RWD front engine

650hp max

2,400lbs+

Max PI S Class

Banning: 69 Camaro, Dart, Fairlane, and 40 Coupe. (cars usually/always out perform)

1 run off brake lights, jump you lose, stall and it's whoever gets to the finish line first

We would run down the list first, 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4, etc. Then up the list, 9 vs 8, 7 vs 6, etc. 10 would be running the gatekeeper.

Gain or lose 2 spots max per race night. Call outs after we ran down and up the list.

10pm est Tuesdays

--

March 6, 2015 at 7:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cipher1962

( 10pm est Tuesdays )

This is half hour before I get off work, then it takes 20mins for me to get home :(

--

Have a good-n

March 6, 2015 at 11:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BigBen0913

My thoughts:

1. No, not the Dart, I love my Dart!  I understand why so fine...
  2. I like that we are keeping the variety of cars open.
  3. I can't do 10 EST on Tuesdays, I have another series going on then.  Mondays and Thursdays work the best atm.  

--

March 7, 2015 at 1:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

KAMCUSTOMZ

i cant wait for this too start! i got two cars made for this (1998 toyota supra single turbo) (1998 honda civic b16 single turbo) both are s class

March 7, 2015 at 1:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Terminator TJM

they make a real wheel drive civic?

March 7, 2015 at 3:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

HeartIessHorror
Administrator
No drivetrain swaps guys. Whyte, we should also specify these need to be cars you would usually see street racing or on a drag strip.
--

March 7, 2015 at 4:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

wyteswordfish

HeartIessHorror at March 7, 2015 at 4:00 PM

No drivetrain swaps guys. Whyte, we should also specify these need to be cars you would usually see street racing or on a drag strip.

yes, must be something that would be seen at the dragstrip, no drivetrain swaps allowed. If you want to run a FWD civic by all means you are welcome to if you think it has what it takes. 

I'm flexible on the date during the week...only nights I can't/don't want to do is Friday & Saturday night. We can take a vote on which night once we have a tenative signup list for the first 10. 

The 2013 Boss Mustang will be banned as well so add that to the list. Also your car must be 1975 or newer. 

--

March 9, 2015 at 9:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BigBen0913

As long as it's Monday or Thursday night, I'm totally in.  I'm going have to build something different for the series though since I only have classic muscle's built atm.  

--

March 9, 2015 at 8:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DOORKNOB24
Please test the 1979 camaro b4 you set this in stone. Also I would pull the PI cap farther back than s 700. I don't know of any car that comes close to exceeding s700 with those power restrictions anyway. Right now it looks like a lobby full of 79 camaros and 85 rx7s. I don't belive that's what you envisioned.
March 13, 2015 at 12:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

wyteswordfish

I'll do some testing with the 79 Camaro tonight. I do not have the 85rx7 but send me a PM with that you are hitting in the 1/8mi on sedona with it and then I'll know if it's too fast or not. As far as the PI cap, leaning towards leaving that at S700 because some of the newer Vette's can get up there to that PI within the restrictions. 

And yes, I'm hoping this doesn't end up as a lobby full of 2 different cars, I appreciate the feedback and anyone else that has any is encouraged to so we can make this as fair and as fun for everyone as possible. 

--

March 13, 2015 at 1:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DOORKNOB24
Cool. I will try to get a time for you soon. What I have learned in running in tournaments on fm4 where there is a power and weight restriction the cars that have the higher pi normally are faster. I don't know if you have tested the vettes and vipers but I'm willing to bet they are very fast in this class.
March 13, 2015 at 1:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

wyteswordfish

I haven't tested the Viper yet but I have tuned and built a Ram SRT10 and it was competetive lol! I'll setup a lobby tonight and everyone can jump in and we'll all do some testing

--

March 13, 2015 at 2:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DOORKNOB24
Man that pig launches like its on crack! No surprise at all.
March 13, 2015 at 2:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.